3.04.2008

For the Grandparents

I didn't cry when Haley had Back to School Night last fall. I didn't cry when the bus drove her away on the first morning of Kindergarten. I have never once cried over how big my kids are getting, until last week. Haley sang in her first school program, and I surprised myself by spending the entire evening on the verge of tears! I don't know what it was, but the fact that she's getting so grown up hit me that night.

Unless you are Haley's grandparent, you probably won't be that interested in this clip. But the moment when Hales spots me and realizes that she's being recorded is pretty precious.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Are you kidding? That WAS absolutely precious, I loved it and I definitely am not a grandparent. She is so sweet. And I hope you said what all mom's say "you were the cutest one up there!", because she was!

Anonymous said...

SO.... am I the luckiest grandma in the whole world or what?!!