4.30.2008

Musings on Blondes and Brunettes

1. When you have naturally blonde hair and you dye it brunette, your regrowth looks gray.
2. (Or maybe I just have gray hair!?!!)
3. Brunettes have just as much fun.
4. Blondes do, however, get more attention.

I put the "Number of times since the twins' birth ..." counter on this blog when my hair was its natural blonde. Back then, every time I went anywhere with the kids, I was repeatedly stopped by strangers, all wanting to discuss the twins, almost all making that same observation verbatim. Now it may be a coincidence, but since I've become a brunette, I can usually run an entire gamut of errands without being stopped even once. So I may have to delete that counter, since it's not nearly as funny anymore. Has dying my hair darker proved to be my ticket back into anonymity? Like I said, it could be a coincidence ...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you missing your blond hair or do you plan to stick with the obscure life of the brunette for awhile? :)

Kate said...

I'm not going back. I love this new look!

Jessica and Reece said...

Brunette is where it's at :) Low maintenance is the way to go, expecially since "you must have your hands full!" :) I am sure you look gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

Sometimes when I am fixing my hair and I think that it is particularly 'shiny' that day....it's really gray hair, and I get sad. That is indeed one of the drawbacks to dark hair. Take it from me....my hair is pretty dark.

Unknown said...

Hi Katie, I found your blog from your facebook profile! I didn't know you dyed your hair dark? I can't wait to see (if I actually get to church anytime soon).hehe
We have a blog too if you want to check it out!

Take care!

Jen and Alec said...

I am at the stage where I am envying blonde hair because it doesn't show the gray. I guess we always want what we don't have, eh?