7.07.2008

Freedom's Ringing

I love the Fourth of July. I'm such a patriotic boob - I can barely get through the national anthem at sporting events because I just cry through the whole thing. And watch me the next time there's a color guard or boy scouts carrying flags anywhere: I'll be bawling like a boob. I don't know what's wrong with me. Anyway ... we had a festive Fourth weekend with my family. We took in an Owls game on Wednesday (and unlike with the Padres, we actually got to see a win!) but I think the kids were more interested in consuming obscene quantities of sugar and stalking Hootz than watching the game. Here's Carter making like Angel Moroni with the world's biggest ice pop:
The kids enjoying the game with Hootz:Friday Chris grilled up some tasty burgers while the kids Pete Rose-d it down the Slip n' Slide (with some help from Ryan). How priceless is Avery's face?The twins sharing a bucket o' toys ...... and getting serenaded by Uncle Cam. (They were mesmerized!)
Cam & Sarah: they're too sexy.I don't know about Chris, but this is my I-love-fireworks-but-my-contacts-are-killing-me face. The twins were awesome: they wouldn't let us plug their ears (they may be deaf now) and they watched the entire show. I couldn't believe it!Oh, snap: here's Haley showing off her new talent:

6 comments:

Ashley said...

So fun! I enjoyed catching up on some of your other posts and watching all of your adorable video clips as well! What a perfect little family you have!

The Edwards Family said...

I am glad you had a good 4th. Haley is always surprising me with how brave she is...no fear.

Lindsey said...

Ain't nothin' like a little firework ash in your contacts, am I right? I know I love it.

Those really are great pictures, the Fourth of July in Provo is a really good time.

We can do hard things! said...

How is it that Haley's hair is always done? I dont know how you do it...I can't even do my own hair most days...let alone the girls hair. And if Jessee's hair doesn't get done, then she has a real nice mullet. Yep, its awesome!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

I cannot believe how big your boys are, this will be a fun summer for them.
Hey email me your adress one more time, I know I have it but I am tired of looking.
hailey@thekandells.com

Unknown said...

I love the Fourth of July. Looks like a fun time. I saw Natalie that day. She is selling handbags on Etsy. . . just for fun. I will try to remember to get a link to her little store on my blog.