9.04.2009

Gypsies

Remember Matt Foley and his threats of life in a van down by the river? That's my kids and me these days. We live in our van. The kids play soccer every Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and there's no way I'm going to drive all the way back to my parents' house after picking up Haley from school just to turn around and head back again. You might find us instead hanging around town, passing the time by ...

Napping in a shady spot:
Playing at Toys R Us:
Eating dinner at McDonalds (my kids are never going to want another cheeseburger as long as they live):Crashing at Kallie's house:Still, all of our homeless afternoons are worth it when we get to see the kids having fun with their friends from home. Watch Carter's reaction when the other team scores.

Did I mention that Haley has scored 11 of her team's 13 goals so far this season? 'Cause she has.

3 comments:

Petersons said...

She's freakin awesome! I'll bet her Dad is BEAMING. She's got skills!

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you are homeless. . . but I like the stairs in the future house. That is progress. Hailey is destined to be on the Olympic Soccer Team, don't you think. And one other thing. I was wondering if you just love Washington State Football Team. I hear the head coach is really cute.

Kristan Carter said...

That is so funny. I think I would be doing the same thing. Stop by my house anytime...We just got a tramp, the kids could jump.