2.13.2010

Becoming a Tween

Anybody who knows Haley knows that she is completely obsessed with animals. She doesn't discriminate; she loves cute ones, ugly ones, creepy ones, cuddly ones, smelly ones, dangerous ones, fluffy ones ... she loves them all. In fact, if Haley's future career does not involve caring for animals in some capacity, I will be shocked. She loves them that much. So it should come as no surprise to learn that Haley has a massive menagerie of Littlest Pet Shop toys. Since about 2006, every birthday, every Christmas, every spending of allowance money has revolved around collecting more Littlest Pet Shop animals.Haley's 8th birthday is about five weeks away, so naturally she is already thinking about which gifts she'd like to receive. But as I settled in the other day for another discussion of which cute LPS puppies and armadillos and panda bears she doesn't yet own, Haley threw me a curve ball that broke my heart a little. "I think I have enough Littlest Pet Shops," she said. "I think I'll ask for some jewelery and a Taylor Swift CD for my birthday."

Yet another sign that my baby girl is growing up.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow. She's only going to be 8, right? Is that when they start becoming 'tweens'? Nooooo!

For some reason I keep thinking about Woody in Toy Story and how Andy was growing up....

romanrobertaloftus said...

So sad... I feel the same way about Tat. I can't believe they are going to be eight years old!!
I love her drawing of the Taj Mahal. She's always been good at coloring and drawing, since preschool days...