11.05.2012

I'm Alive!

Holy smokes.  It has been three months.  Three months!  Time flies.  I'm going to try and catch up quickly before I fall behind again.  :)

August
 We spent the beginning of the month in San Diego, where the big event was Adam and Drew learning to swim.  Those boys are little fishes.  I think I'm in denial about how old my boys are getting, because I spent the entire week being freaked out that my babies were in the water without life jackets.  But they did great and had a blast.
 
(Except when Chris and Adam were stung literally within three minutes of each other by the killer bees that guard the pool.  No bueno.)

We also spent a ton of time at the beach, where Haley and Carter learned to boogie board, I spent hours digging pits for Adam & Drew to sit in with my bare hands because we forgot the shovels, and the boys became master drip-castle makers. 
 

We were in SD for my birthday, and all I wanted was a seafood dinner on the water.  Chris came through big time and arranged for the entire family to have dinner in Seaport Village.  It was something that I love but can't do at home, so it rocked.
  
More August
We had a Beginning of the School Year feast, which I try to do every year but I'm kind of hit-and-miss.  I chose one of my favorite scriptures as our theme for this year: "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."  But we haven't mentioned that theme since, and I had to sit here for a minute to even remember what the airplanes had to do with anything.  (It was President Uchtdorf's story about how being one degree wrong leads an airplane way off course.) Fail.  The crowns and the tiny paper airplanes were hits though, so it's all good.

September
The highlight of September was the cruise Chris and I went on, thanks to awesome Grandma Browne who yet again watched our kids for a week.  We spent a glorious week in the Caribbean relaxing, diving, playing at a water park, Floriding (Chris) and reading (me).  We sailed on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Sea, which was just gigantic and incredible.  We had a really great time.

October
This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I have to post it because Drew is not making a crazy face.  I haven't seen a picture of him like this in months!  Man he's cute when he's not mugging.

October is always nuts.  There's just way too many fun things to do in October!  It's definitely my favorite month.  I went on the preschool field trip with Adam and Drew's class to the Pumpkin Patch, and while we were there we ran into Mrs. Deby and Mrs. Becky, who were also there with their classes.  The boys were in heaven and spent at least half of the time holding hands with their past teachers and catching them up on the past eight months.  I'm still so grateful for those two ladies and the role they played in Adam & Drew's lives.

Can we talk about how tall Adam & Drew are?  Those two are giants.
 
We had a whole mess of ninjas this Halloween.  Like an idiot I sewed Adam and Drew's costumes from scratch and didn't even think about the fact that I could have just purchased karate gis and called it good.  Adam and Drew were Lego Ninjago characters (just like Carter was last year) and Carter was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  Haley was a cute li'l Olympic gymnast.  (Speaking of which, that girl is becoming quite the gymnast herself.  You should see her throw herself around on the trampoline, doing aerials and back handsprings.  She's fearless and getting really good at different stunts.  I think we have a future cheerleader on our hands.)

So that's it.  I'll give Adam & Drew's birthday its own post, because gosh dang it, they deserve it!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I am so glad you're back. I just love all the pics but I have to say that my favorite, maybe even "ALL-TIME" favorite picture has to be the twin with sand on his face. He looks just like a Snickerdoodle!! I just love your kids, they are so adorable.