7.17.2009

All of the Fun, None of the Stingrays

The last time Chris and I went boogie boarding was in June 2000. I remember this because the last time we boogie boarded was the day that I was stung by a stingray. Not wanting to repeat that horrible experience, I've been hesitant to get back in the water at that particular beach since then.

So I was very excited when a Flowrider opened this year just down the street. Chris and I spent an hour this morning with the Flowrider all to ourselves, which was awe-some! Chris, being the I-can-do-anything kind of guy he is, surfed. I tried the surf board once, wiped out spectacularly, and stuck to the boogie board for the rest of the hour. What you won't see in these clips is the time that the the force of the water yanked my swim suit bottom down to my knees and I mooned the entire city of Lindon. Definitely not one of my finer moments.


9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow. I have so much to comment on.

#1. CARTER! "Fantastic buttons"? Oh my...that is dang funny!

#2. The title of your house project is one of my all time favorite songs! "Sister's saying in her sleep...ah ah ah ahhhh" ;)

#3. You guys rock at the FlowRider. I would do that, but never in the ocean. I'm way too chicken.

The Edwards Family said...

That looks like sooooo much fun!!! I can't believe you got stung by a stingray.

The Reeds said...

You guys are pretty dang good!! Sorry about the sting ray incident, however, your bathing suit incident is kind of funny!! :) How is the house coming along??

romanrobertaloftus said...

I thought things like that (flashing parts of your body to people by accident) only happened to me... I know you were probably really embarassed, but that's kinda conforting to me... Thanks for sharing.
We just went to this pool on Wednesday, but we didn't try the flowrider. It was just me and the kids that day, and some friends. We should go together one of these days... Take the kids before school starts!

Petersons said...

Oh, yeah...my sister works there as a lifeguard and said she enjoyed your moon! She told me all about some lady that lost her bottoms....:)
JUST KIDDING! She does work there though, so IF she does happen to mention it...I just laugh secretly to myself :)
I'm glad you and Chris still do fun stuff like that together!

Unknown said...

O.k, you were great on the flowrider, but I will have to admit that I laughed and laughed about your unfortunate incident.

Kate said...

It WAS pretty dang funny, I have to admit. I apologized to the lifeguard at the top, and she said that it happens all the time. I'm going to get some board shorts before we go again!

ottspot said...

I think we have Haley's sunglasses...gold with little rhinestones? We can figure out how to get them to her...

And just from watching your videos I can tell that the flowrider is the type of thing that I look at and say "hmm...that would result in me embarrassing myself in some form" and then I would stay far, far away!

Chrissy said...

Wow...i'm impressed. I would never do that and be filmed! I probably wouldn't even last a minute!