4.13.2010

Let Me Count the Ways

In honor of my beloved's 34th birthday, here in no particular order are my 34 favorite things about Chris:
  1. He's the hardest worker I know
  2. He tolerates my need to throw big parties
  3. He always has energy to play with the kids
  4. He gets me out of my comfort zone and addicted to crazy things like boarding and diving
  5. He promised not to do our landscaping himself (for both our sakes)
  6. He's careful and analytical
  7. He can always get Haley to laugh when she's in the throes of one of her tantrums
  8. He's teaching the twins to count
  9. He picks up after himself
  10. He likes to travel
  11. He's my complete opposite, so we complement each other nicely
  12. He never makes bad decisions
  13. His idea of a perfect gift is when I say, "What are we buying anyway that I can wrap up and call your present?"
  14. He quizzes the kids on math problems in the car
  15. He claims to be socially awkward, but he always comes across as perfectly at ease and makes others feel the same way
  16. He does whatever it takes to provide for his family
  17. He's very smart
  18. He's tenacious
  19. He knows I hate the shows he watches, so he waits to watch them until I go to sleep or he uses headphones
  20. He's really probably the only reason we have any friends
  21. He sometimes lets me listen to my music in the car (until an ABBA song comes on, anyway)
  22. He takes the kids swimming whenever they want
  23. He buys me cheesecake on my birthday
  24. He's fearless and adventurous
  25. He's humble
  26. He makes me laugh
  27. He lets me decorate our home
  28. He still loves me even though I'm turning into a crazy old lady way sooner than he'd bargained for
  29. He makes me want to be frugal (a step in the right direction, right?)
  30. He reads Carter's bedtime story every night, which is mind-numbing because Carter always picks the same book
  31. He takes us to Disneyland even though it's his least favorite place on earth
  32. He calls people on the phone for me when I'm too shy to do it myself
  33. He's confident without being arrogant
  34. He's still hot!
So there you have it. Happy birthday to my favorite husband ever. I love you!

4 comments:

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

How stinking cute are you??? Just so you know we are friends with you guys because of Carter. You guys are just a nice bonus. LOL!!!!

Lindsey said...

Aww.....Happy Birthday Chris! Hope you have a great day!

That was a great list. My favorite is #32 because I am the exact same way. I even have Brian call babysitters because I'm too scared to do it. Haha!!

Grandma Pat said...

I love reading all those nice things about my now very grownup little boy.

Brittany & Barry said...

Katie - you are about the cleverest woman I know. I think you're both GREAT people and we need to get together again soon!