1.24.2012

Lucky Seven

Carter turned seven!  This kid is completely obsessed with these little rubber toys called the Trash Pack.  He loves them and wanted a Trash Pack party for his birthday. (Carter's not sad or angry in this picture.  He just inherited his dad's "must pull a face in every picture" compulsion.)
We had so much fun celebrating Carter on his birthday.  We started the morning with the party, which was at Xtreme Air Sports.  We had never been there (in fact, I never even went over to check the place out beforehand), so I was just hoping that the party would actually be fun.  And was it?  Well, judge for yourself:

We've been cracking up over this next video, but only because Haley was OK.  And it was a pretty sweet trick before she ate crap!

Adam and Drew were banished to the Under-Six area, but Chris made sure that baby pit saw more action than I think it ever has before:


After playing for a while we retired to the party room for pizza, cupcakes, and presents.
 Carter wanted chocolate cupcakes with party picks in them like we did for his birthday last year.
His party favors each contained a Trash Pack "Trashie," which we buried in Carter's favorite candies. 
 And then we walked out the door and I didn't have to clean up a thing!  That alone made it the best party ever. The kids all had a blast, and Chris and I can't wait to go back there on date night sometime! 

After the party, Chris took the kids up Big Cottonwood Canyon to go sledding so I could spend the afternoon making Carter's birthday cake.  I was pretty excited about how the cake turned out, and I think Carter liked it too.
 
 
I love birthdays.  It's so much fun to spend the whole day just being happy that somebody is in our family!  I hope Carter had a fun day and knows just how much we love him: it's a really lot.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

How fun! I have never heard of those Trash characters! But in true Katie fashion the cake and cupcakes were adorable. Loved the videos too. I have to say though that I really laughed out loud at the "K, my turn Chris..." comment. Hahaha.

Larissa said...

fantastic party and cake! happy b-day Carter