4.27.2012

Double-Digit Midget

That's what the cute primary chorister in our previous ward called the kids when they turned 10.  And now we've got our very own midget in the house!

Grandma and Grandpa Browne came over for Haley's celebratory birthday dinner, because don't grandparents make any event more festive? Haley requested chicken and dumplings - that's my girl - which we ate with awesome wedge salads. 
Haley also chose cheesecake.  That's my girl part two!  This cake was not very pretty but boy was it divine.  Oreo cookie crust on the bottom, brownie chunks buried in the middle, and chocolate ganache on top.  Mmm.
Can I just say how much I love technology?  ("But not as much as you, you see ...")  Chris was in California on a business trip on Haley's birthday, but thanks to the wonders of Skype, his disembodied head was able to join us for the festivities.
That weekend was Haley's rock star birthday party.
Haley and her closest friends roller skated, made candy necklaces, karaoke'd their little hearts out, and took a kajillion paparazzi photos of each other with disposable cameras.
 
 
 The microphone cupcake toppers were way cuter in real life than in the pictures. (Although practically bigger than the cupcakes themselves ... maybe I should have foregone the cakes and just stuck candles in the microphone?)
 And did you notice the goodie bags in the background?  They were filled with sunglasses, lip gloss, nail polish, and other rock star goodies, and had this tag on the front:
 I loved them.   So we had a really fun time celebrating our little missy's 10th birthday!  I can't believe how quickly she's growing up - chances are we'll be welcoming her into Young Women before I'm released!  Crazy.  We love Haley so much and are so proud of her, and we can't wait to see what the future holds for her.  I think she's going to do big things.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finished off the "I love technology" quote in my head. And I saw Haley at church today and was already thinking that she has the best hair ever...and now these pictures reinforce that. She has seriously amazing hair. And I always love a good party so thumbs up on that too!