3.01.2013

Konold Kid Quotes and Milestones: 2011



January

  • Adam and Drew had some separation anxiety from each other today in primary. When we tried to have them sit with their classes, Drew kept on asking, “Where my Geigo go?”
  • I kissed Adam goodnight, then Adam said, “Thanks Mom! Good kiss!” Laughing, I replied, “You’re my silly boy.” And Adam said, “You’re my mom.”
  • Me, singing: “Let’s hear it for the boy…” Carter, singing: “Let’s hear it for the girl!” Adam, singing: “Let’s hear it for the twins!”

February

  • Adam: “Geigo, wooka my car!” Drew, nodding approvingly, “Coo, Geigo.  Coo.” (Cool)
  • Drew: “Thank you so much! Put paper on my mouth ouchie!” (I put a wet paper towel on his split lip.)
  • Carter: “Running around is actually kind of fun!”
  • Me, “Good morning, Adam. How’d you sleep?” Adam, “On my pillow!”

March

  • Haley: “Mom, do you think that reading for an hour will take a long time?”
  • Drew: “I want pancake!” Me, “This is a waffle.” Drew, “Ah, yes. Waffle.”
  • Carter: “If you make a bad choice, you go to spirit prison. But if you do something really bad, you go to jail.”
  • Carter: “What are stretch marks?” Me: “Sometimes if you get really fat your skin stretches and it leaves a mark.” Carter: “Do you have stretch marks?” Me: “Do you think I’m fat?” Carter: “You’re kind of fat.”

May

  • Drew: “Adam, scratch my bum.”
  • Drew: “Mama, I like my knees.”
  • Me: “What’s on your ear?” Adam: “A booger.”

June

  • Adam: “Woah! He’s the man! Drew, you’re the man!”
  • Adam: “Mom, I like my Haley.”
  • Drew got stung by a bee.

July

  • Anytime Adam meets or even sees somebody new, he’ll point to them and say, “Mom, I love him.”
  • Drew’s first prayer was mostly unintelligible, but we did hear him thank Heavenly Father for the Mickey Mouse ferris wheel [at California Adventure].
  • While watching “Music & the Spoken Word” and seeing nature scenes set to music, Carter asked “Mom, are we looking at pictures of Heaven?”

August

  • Adam and Drew kept calling the P-Town Tower the “Pee Tower.
  • Haley: “I promise. And I never break my promises. And if I break them on accident, I never do it again.”

October

  • Adam put his arms around my neck and said, “Uh, Mom? So … I like you.”

November

  • Carter hated dinner, so he asked if he could go to his room for a minute. When he came back he said, “I prayed that Heavenly Father would help me eat my dinner.” Then as he walked to the table he psyched himself up by saying, “Get a hold of yourself, boy!”

December

  • Adam: “Mom, my grilled cheese is in my butt.” Me: “Adam, we do not say ‘butt’.” Adam: “Oh, sorry. My grilled cheese is not in my butt.”
  • Me: “Goodnight monkey.” Drew: “I’m not a monkey, I’m Drew! And Adam’s not a monkey, we’re twins!”
  • Carter: “You’re pretty small for a mom.”
  • Chris: “Goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let the doggies bite.” Drew: “Doggies don’t bite! Doggies pee on me.” (Which did happen a couple months earlier.)

No comments: