3.01.2013

Konold Kids Quotes and Milestones: 2010



January

  • Haley won her class spelling bee without even studying.
  • Haley: “I’m Obi Benola!” Carter: “No, it’s Obi Wan Genobi.”
  • Carter: “The boy with eyes like this (squeezes eyes with hands) is a good soccer player!”
  • Carter finally caught the scoring bug and he’ll do anything for a goal.
  • Carter: “Please bless that we can get the Wii back soon…”
  • Adam said and signed “more” and then made his water sound (“aah”) to let me know that he wanted a drink.
  • Haley took 1st place in the K-2 division of the school Inspirations contest.

February

  • Drew said “fish” and “wawa” (water). He also signed water. Adam signed water too.
  • Adam said “fish.
  • Haley’s first sleepover.
  • I guess our napping days are over. If I leave Adam and Drew in their cribs, I inevitably return to find them both naked.
  • Adam and Drew: “Look! A bubble!” (after Drew farted in the tub).
  • Haley: “Store bought valentines are nice, but homemade ones are better because you know they were made with love.”
  • To Adam, everything is “a bubble!”
  • Carter: “This song is awesome!” Haley: “Yeah, it’s so groovy.”
  • Adam: “Where are you?”
  • Carter: “I’m so happy I could just hug myself!”
  • Haley: “I’m never going to give up soccer.” Carter: “I’m never going to give up Haley.”

March

  • Adam: “eck-tang-oo” (rectangle).
  • Drew: “Ta-da!” while throwing his hands in the air.
  • Me: “Carter, do you know what kind of bird came down from heaven after Jesus was baptized?” Carter: “A woodpecker?”
  • Drew loves to hand things to people and then say “There you go!”
  • Me: “Here, card master.” Carter: “I’m not the card master.” Me: “What are you?” Carter: “Just a little, little boy.”
  • Adam loves to do the "rah-rah-rah" part of the Cougar fight song.
  • We put Adam and Drew on the prayer roll, and they are doing so much better! The PEEP ladies said that they can’t believe that they’re the same boys.
  • Adam: “Snow all gone!”
  • Drew: “Where are you?”
  • Drew: “There you go!”
  • Adam and Drew both say rectangle, circle, and triangle.

April

  • Drew: “Oh no, where’d they go?”
  • Adam: “Hey, no, no, no!”
  • Adam says “up” as a request to be picked up.
  • Drew: “Spider, Oh no!”
  • Drew says hippo, Haley and cookie.
  • Adam: “Oh, sorry!”
  • Drew: “Right there.”
  • Adam and Drew both say cookie.
  • Drew: “Uh oh, where do we go?” and “A bus.
  • Adam: “Hmmm. All gone!”
  • Drew loves to run around yelling, “To the rescue!”
  • Carter: “Mom, look at her. She’s jaywalking!
  • The boys love Dora. Drew says a lot of things from the show: “Oh no!”, “Where do we go?”, “Yeah, there it is!”, etc.

May

  • Adam says family members’ names.
  • Adam: “Grody!”
  • Adam and Drew both say “Peek-a-boo.”
  • Drew: “Drew! (He was pointing at a picture of Adam.)
  • Haley: “Thanks Mom. You never let me down.”
  • Drew: “We go!” (As in “here we go, which he says for “let’s go.”)
  • Adam and Drew will say pretty much anything we tell them to say.
  • Carter: “And now if you’ll excuse me, I must get back to my teeth brushing.”
  • Me: “Carter, do you know what clouds are made of?” Carter: “Yeah, fluff.” Me: “Nope, try again.” Carter: “Lambs.”

June

  • Carter: “Mom! There’s a toilet in my mouth!” (A piece from “Operation” had fallen into his bag of popcorn and ended up in his mouth.)
  • I was able to spend the morning at Legoland with Adam and Drew out of their strollers, and it wasn’t too bad. We even went on the train ride.
  • Adam and Drew especially are getting so much better at communicating.
  • I can’t remember the exact words, but when Chris said something about Grandpa being young, Haley said something to the effect of, “If 68 isn’t old, what is?”
  • Carter: “Me and Adam and Drew are all outside. It’s like we’re brothers.”

July

  • Carter: “I don’t like Heaven because all you try to do is good things.” Me: “What’s wrong with that?” Carter: “Well, I like to do good things. I just don’t like Heaven because there’s no video games.”
  • Drew: “Ew! Poopy!" (After examining his dinner.)
  • Adam calls me “Da” and Drew “Diego.” It’s funny because we’re the two with whom he interacts most – you’d think he’d know our names best.

August

  • Since I’ll be at girls’ camp on my actual birthday, I got a surprise birthday party this morning with decorations, gifts, games, breakfast burritos, and songs by Haley and Carter – pretty much the best Monday morning ever.
  • Adam and Drew: “Haley! Where are you? Carter! Where are you?” (It’s the first day of school.)
  • When we were getting out of the van, Drew looked behind himself and said, “Come on, Super Why!” to the (imaginary) TV character.
  • Adam hurt his toe and then took me upstairs for an “ouchie toe sticker” (i.e. Band Aid).

September

  • Haley, on the day after Debby passed away: “I’m so sad for Anthony. I want to call him, but I don’t know what to say.”
  • Me, after hearing a cry: “Carter, did you just hit Adam?” Carter: “Well, he hit me back!”
  • Haley, on the day Great Grandpa Waldo passed away: “Why do people in our family keep dying?”
  • Adam, with a blanket over his head: “Wooka me! Dinosaur! Rawr!”

October

  • Haley: “I never want to go into a volcano with the twins. That would be freaky!”
  • Grandpa: “Are you Drew?” Adam: “No, I Ah-muh.”
  • Adam, every time he shares: “I so nice!”
  • Haley won a prize at the ward Halloween party for her Alice in Wonderland costume.
  • Adam and Drew’s missionary costumes (with helmets & backpacks) were a hit.

November

  • Carter, on Adam and Drew's 3rd birthday: “They don’t look older.”
  • Adam flipped out when we cut his birthday cake.  He was so mad - I think he wanted to keep it intact forever.
  • Adam, on his first taste of egg nog: “That is sooo good!”
  • Drew is so agreeable. Adam always tells him what to do and he always replies “OK!” For example, Adam: “Wes go, Geigo!” Drew: “OK!”

December

  • Adam and Drew really, really love to ride the school bus. Especially Drew. When it pulls up he jumps and screams “School bus!”
  • Whenever Adam doesn’t want something, he’ll yell, “No! No! No thanks!”
  • Drew was trying to give Adam his balloon. Adam said “No thanks!” so Drew opened the door and let the balloon fly away. Luckily Adam didn’t seem too upset.

No comments: