11.04.2010

Remembering Debby

As I mentioned earlier, Chris' sister Debby passed away in September.  Debby was such a loving person; the first time I met her was at Chris' and my wedding reception where she welcomed me into the family with a huge hug and "Hi Sissy!"  Whenever we were in San Diego she was always aware of how hard I was working to take care of the kids and offered so many compliments and words of encouragement.  She had a great sense of humor and was a fantastic cook.  We will certainly miss her, but we are at peace knowing that she is free from the physical pain that had plagued her for so long. 

We stopped at Disneyland on our way to San Diego for one last visit before we have to start paying for the twins' tickets.  Since Disneyland was one of Debby's favorite places, I didn't think she'd mind.


We also spent a wonderful afternoon at La Jolla Shores.  Because the weather wasn't great we had the beach to ourselves.










 We also found the best fish tacos in San Diego.  (And only $1 each!)  I've been dreaming about these tacos ever since.

Debby had requested to be cremated and her ashes spread around a tree.  We went to Lakeside (where Debby used to live) and planted two trees in a beautiful and peaceful park there.  Steve offered a touching tribute to his daughter and we had a delicious lunch provided by Chris' aunts.  It was a lovely morning and the perfect way to remember Debby.









1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow. I think I love every single one of those photos. From Debby's sweet memorial to all the beach shots! It will be fun to re-visit Lakeside and see how the trees you all worked to hard to plant for her are growing!

I even love Chris' Sublime shirt! (Takes me all the way back to Freshman year at SUU and someone introduced me to Waiting For My Ruca and I've been hooked ever since.)