3.01.2013

Konold Kid Quotes and Milestones: 2007


January

  • Carter’s first compound utterance: “Oh, nana (banana)! Thank you!”
  • Haley: “Carter’s my best friend!”
  • Haley has decided that she wants to be a pet store owner when she grows up. She has quite the menagerie of toy animals in her room, which she regularly “bathes” and styles. She even recruits a teddy bear to babysit whenever we leave.
  • Carter: “Oh, dude!”
  • Carter started talking during Haley’s prayer, so she prayed, “…and bless Carter that he won’t talk during prayers…”
  • Any time that I check Carter’s diaper and he’s not messy, he sings, “No, no, no, poo-py!”
  • Haley got all coy and embarrassed while telling Grandma & Grandpa about Lincoln, her “boyfriend” at preschool.
  • Carter can identify the colors blue and purple.

February

  • Carter’s new sunglasses are the same size as Haley’s: 4-7 years.
  • Haley: “Valentine’s Day is for love and treats!”
  • Carter loves to sit on top of Grandpa’s pool table and roll the balls into the pockets.
  • Haley found a dollar on the ground and screamed, “I’m rich!”

March

  • Carter: “Mama, binky.” Me: "Carter, your binky’s downstairs.” Carter: “OK. Thank you!”
  • Carter slept through the night.
  • Haley discovered the magic of talking to people through the vents. All morning it was, “Haley to Mama! Haley to Mama!”
  • Carter said, “’scuse me” when squeezing past me into the shoe closet.
  • When Carter’s thinking or making a decision, he puts one finger to his lips and says, “Mmm…”
  • Carter was so sad when Haley left for school today. He kept crying, “Haley! Please!”
  • Haley seems to be quite the ringleader. Whatever she wants (like being a petstore owner when she grows up), all of her friends want too.
  • When I said, “Let’s go find Haley,” Carter put his hand over his mouth and yelled, “HAA-LEEY!”
  • Haley: “When I wake up, will my feet be bigger?”
  • Haley: “Are you ready for the circus? A girl’s gonna do a really cool thing, and a boy’s gonna run around!”
  • When Haley prayed that Heavenly Father would help her toy hamster get unstuck, He did, and “He even helped it land on its feet when it fell out of the tube!”
  • Haley: “Is that fat part of your tummy the baby?” Me: “Not yet, sweetie.” Haley: “Why is it so fat then?”

April

  • Haley counted to 100 with no help and no mistakes.
  • Carter: “Night-night Haley. I love you!”
  • We moved Carter into a big-boy bed today! (Unfortunately this brought his days of napping to a screeching halt.)
  • Finally: Haley can play in her soccer games without crying.
  • Carter counted to 12 without any mistakes.
  • Haley put her arms inside her shirt and pushed it out in the front, then asked, “Mom, do I look like a lady?”

May

  • I guess it’s been a while since I last cooked a real dinner – while tonight’s was in the oven, Haley kept saying, “I love the smell of yummy food!”
  • If you tell Carter “I love you!” he replies with a simple, “Too!”
  • Carter loves to eat toothpaste … I hope the extra fluoride doesn’t ruin his teeth!
  • Carter loves to swing. He makes me push him for hours, pointing to the sky and yelling “Mama, high!
  • The babies do not like to have their heartbeats checked. I’m not sure if I’ve felt them move before today or not, but they were sure poking me while the nurse looked for their heart rates.
  • Haley did such a good job at her preschool graduation. She knew all the words to her songs and poems and was perfectly behaved.
  • Finally: Carter’s talking in sentences almost exclusively now. It’s so nice to be able to understand him.
  • Haley: “Carter just did two bless-you’s on my arm!”

June

  • Carter: When Carter saw Bob Barker on TV doing an interview, he started jumping and screaming, “Bob Barker! Bob Barker!” the whole time.
  • This morning I was awakened by “Mama, it’s yucky.” I opened my eyes, and there was Carter offering me a poop nugget from his diaper.
  • Carters first trip to the E.R. ... at 1:30am. (How did you manage to develop croup in the middle of June?)
  • I often clean Haley’s room for her when she’s not home, throwing stuff away or packing it into storage. After a recent purge, Haley came down and observed, “I always put stuff in my room, and then it just disappears!”
  • Carter finally seems to get the whole babies thing – he even kissed my belly.
  • Haley’s first wasp sting – on her foot – it looks like she inherited Dad’s allergic reaction.
  • Haley found a garden snake at the parade and held it the whole time – she wanted to bring it home as a pet.
  • Carter is acting out scenes from “Cars” with his Hot Wheels. (“Mack! Wait up!”)
  • When Carter heard Haley upstairs crying (she was in trouble), he said, “Mama! Haley’s sad! C’mon!” and ran to the stairs to go comfort her.
  • Me: “Carter, eat your pancakes.” Carter: “No. Watching Einsteins.”

July

  • Carter’s new favorite saying: “Carter do it.”
  • You have to be careful what you say when you think Haley is sleeping – she sits upstairs listening through the vents.
  • Haley caught a baby bird. She held it and then put it back so it could go find its mommy.
  • When Carter did a big tooter, I said, “Who was that?” and Carter said “Dat Mama” very matter-of-factly.
  • When I counted to four for Carter, he excitedly yelled “That’s right!” as if he was teaching me to count. (He can count to 20, by the way.)
  • Considering how unafraid Haley is of animals, I can’t believe that she’s scared of … grasshoppers.

August

  • Haley pointed to the Little Dipper and said, “Hey! Those stars look like a spoon!”
  • Haley’s first loose tooth (bottom left).
  • Carter took a chunk out of his finger by sticking it in the fan. After he calmed down, he kept saying, “Mama, I touched the fan” in the saddest voice I’ve ever heard.
  • Haley’s first soccer goal!
  • Carter was so sad when Haley left on the bus. He kept moaning “Hay-wee!” and asking where the school bus went.
  • Haley scored another goal. When it was her turn to sub out, she kept begging to get back in so she could score again. She’s finally enjoying soccer.

September

  • Haley can swim.
  • Haley can ride her bike without training wheels.
  • Carter was scared to go down the slide because of the “monster” at the bottom – which was a shadow cast by the tree.
  • Haley lost her tooth.
  • Haley messed up the lyrics “If you want my future, forget my past,” singing instead, “…forget my ass.”
  • While getting checked at the doctor’s office, Carter kept saying “You OK Mama?”
  • Haley: “Mom, get the phone.”
  • Carter, while pointing his finger: “Haywee! You’ll be in timeout!”
  • Every time we went over a speed bump, Carter would say, “That’s OK Mama. We crashed. That’s OK.”
  • Haley asked if my legs are so big because of the babies. When I said yes, she said, “The babies are down in your legs too?!”

October

  • When I asked Haley if she liked a song on the radio (“1-2-3-4” by Feist), she replied, “Yes. More than anything.”
  • Carter ate all of his dinner – miracle.
  • Carter asked if he should try his dinner, and I said yes. He says, “OK. Here I go!” in the whiniest voice you’ve ever heard.
  • Carter has croup again.
  • Haley prays, “Please bless the babies to come out soon so me and Carter can meet our brothers.”
  • Haley got her ears pierced – not only did she not cry, she didn’t even flinch.
  • Carter: “It’s not hot! It’s Easy Mac!”

November

  • Adam Ross and Drew Bradley are born on November 1. Adam at 5:42pm, 5 lbs 11 oz, 20”, Drew at 5:44pm, 5 lbs 8oz, 19”.
  • If you ask Carter if he likes the babies, the answer you’ll get is “No.”
  • Adam and Drew go on Bili lights.
  • Carter is finally starting to like the babies.
  • Haley, joking around says, “When I’m a daddy, I’m gonna have hairy toes just like Daddy.”
  • Carter says his first prayer (with help).
  • Haley decided to get tricky on her bike and then ate it – she has a huge goose egg on her forehead.
  • Haley swore on accident again. She was making up a rhyming song and sang “Mucker F*****.”

December

  • Carter: “Merry Cwithmas Mama!”
  • Haley and Carter used to get along so well, but suddenly they fight constantly.
  • Carter’s getting good at playing computer games by himself.
  • Adam’s first smile.
  • Drew’s first “coo.”
  • Drew’s first smile.
  • Drew’s first laugh.
  • Adam’s first “coo” and first laugh.
  • Haley, after Dad’s soccer game: “Next game you should score 100 goals so you can get $100 and one car. (Watching too much Price is Right lately?)
  • Haley: “Carter, do you love your baby brothers?” Carter: “No, I love my Soccer Monkey, Haley!”
  • I got the best gift this morning – both babies smiling at me at once.
  • Haley: “Mom! Santa has the same tags and wrapping paper as us!”
  • Haley, singing to the tune of “Good tidings we bring to you and your kin...” from We Wish You a Merry Christmas: “Screw your dog until it is dead…” as she drills a stuffed dog with a toy power drill.

No comments: