3.01.2013

Konold Kid Quotes and Milestones: 2008


January

  • Carter yelled “Oh, come on!” when his car got stuck during sacrament meeting.
  • What a sweet baby – Adam puked all over himself, but had big smiles for me as soon as he was finished.
  • Haley: “I was thinking about how happy I was that I got to go to church today, and I felt the spirit, and I felt so happy I cried.”

February

  • Carter’s going to be methodical like his dad. When playing a memory game, he picks one card and sticks with it until he finds the match, then moves on to the next card.
  • Haley: “Who do you think will die first in our family? I think me, because I like to ride my bike across the street.”
  • Adam and Drew are starting to play with the toys on their bouncy seat toy bars.
  • Haley: “That was good, Mom. If you were on American Idol and I was the girl who sits with the two boys, I would say that you did a good job.”
  • Carter: (cough, cough) “I need to throw up.” Me: “No, you don’t need to throw up.” Carter: “Awww!”
  • Adam rolled over (on the couch, but still).
  • Carter has croup again.
  • Haley: “Aw – I didn’t win. And I even cheated!”
  • The babies have really found their voices in the last week or so. I’m starting to feel like I live in a zoo.
  • Carter: “Don’t worry babies. You’re almost finished” (at the doctor’s office).

March

  • Haley asks “Which do you like better: [something] or [something]?” about 50 times a day.
  • Carter: “I look silly” (after I tried Avery’s tutu on him).
  • Haley: “I like going to the circus better than going to school!”
  • Haley: “Mom, your dinners are even yummier than Hot Pockets!”
  • Carter: “Mama, that not right!” when he noticed that I’d added banana slices to his peanut butter and honey sandwich.
  • Haley: “Are you having a cupcake for breakfast? That’s not very healthy. Have some oatmeal.”
  • Carter: “Mama, babies are crying. It’s hurting my ears.”
  • Chris asked if Haley’s birthday dreams came true. Her response: “What are birthday dreams?”
  • Haley: “I can’t decide. My brain and my self keep fighting with each other!”
  • Adam rolls back to front.
  • The babies can put the binkies in their mouths.

April

  • Haley: “My brain made me do it!”
  • Carter: “Oh, I know! Daddy can eat my dinner!”
  • Babies’ first rice cereal (they liked it).
  • Carter, when I came home with my hair dyed darker: “Mama! Your hair’s so … brown!”
  • Carter: “I want some bitch sticks.”
  • Drew rolled over (back to front).
  • Haley: “This is gonna be awesome!” (moving to her new room).
  • Me: “Hi, Sweetie Pie.” Carter: “I’m not pie – I’m Carter!”
  • Adam rolls front to back.
  • Haley says that Portuguese sounds like “fwubbuh, flubbuh, flubbuh, blah, blah, blah.”
  • Carter, while doing a puzzle, sings “keep trying, keep trying, don’t give up, never give up…” over and over again.
  • The babies laughed hysterically at “Alvin & the Chipmunks.”
  • Haley: “There’s only three of us at the dinner table. Everything’s just not the same without Daddy. I miss him.”
  • Carter has dubbed me “Red Transformer Girl” and he is “Blue Transformer Guy.”
  • Haley: “I think I can hear my brain.”

May

  • Carter has croup again.
  • Carter prefaces everything with “I’m thinking…”
  • Haley: “It’s fun to have our old family back.” (Chris and I were jumping on the trampoline with the big kids while the babies slept).
  • Drew cut his first tooth (back right).

June
  • Drew’s 2nd tooth (back left).
  • Adam sits up.
  • Adam’s first tooth (back right).
  • Haley’s first shower.
  • Drew sits up.
  • Haley: “If you put lipstick and a bow on Adam, he would so look like a girl.”
  • Carter: “Mommy, please stop singing!”
  • Adam’s personality: content, outgoing, laid back, vocal.
  • Drew’s personality: intense, quiet, introverted, curious, determined.
  • When I asked Haley and Carter to leave Drew alone, Haley ran to Adam and said, “Carter! There’s another baby over here! It’s exactly like the other one!”
  • Haley: “Mom, do you ever get tired of talking? I do. I talk a lot.”
  • Carter’s first solo prayer: “Grateful for swim lessons, grateful for picnic in park…”
  • Carter: “Knock knock … banana … banana, what’s for lunch?”
  • When I left for ward choir, Carter exclaimed “Is Mama going to get a CHEESEBURGER!?!!”

July

  • Me: “Carter, we don’t say ‘stupid’ in our house.” Carter: “Oh, OK. Just outside.”
  • Whenever Carter’s playing outside and has to pee, he lifts up his big wheel seat & pees inside (luckily there’s a drainage hole in the bottom).
  • Haley: “I feel like I need more candy.”
  • Haley: “Dad forgot my sunscreen” (they were outside from 10-11pm).
  • Adam’s 2nd tooth (back left).
  • Drew plays “peek-a-boo” with blankets and clothes.
  • Drew sits up from laying.
  • Haley: “I found a bug with only one Montana!" (She meant antenna.)
  • Adam and Drew are in separate cribs.
  • Carter knocked out his top tooth with a hug.
  • Adam plays “peek-a-boo.
  • Me, after buying Carter a new backpack: “You’re ready for preschool!”  Carter: “Yeah baby! Yeah!”
  • The babies are scooting all over the place.
  • Haley: “I’m the 3rd or 4th bestest player in the world. Maybe not the world … but I am a good soccer player.”

August

  • Carter: “The baby sounds like a dolphin! That’s funny for me.”
  • Drew crawls.
  • Adam crawls.
  • Adam and Drew’s first haircuts (they still look like the Toupee Brothers).
  • Carter calls Lightning McQueen “Wiping Queen.”
  • Adam pulls to standing in his crib.
  • Adam climbs the stairs to the dining room.
  • Adam’s 3rd tooth (top left).
  • Adam falls down steps to family room.
  • Drew climbs to the dining room.
  • Drew falls down steps to family room.
  • Carter: “No, no, baby! That’s not a toy! (It was a Hot Wheels crane.)
  • Drew pulls to standing in his crib.
  • Carter: “Mommy, you can’t be happy when people are crying.”
  • Carter: “I love my brothers, I love my little family, and Caleb is my best friend!”
  • Carter, while feeling his balls, “Mommy, are there eggs in my P?”
  • The babies finally hold their own bottles.
  • Carter: “Mommy Stephen!”

September

  • Haley: “My eyelashes are too long. I want to cut them.”
  • Anytime I open the fridge, the babies charge. They love the fridge and get so mad when I close it.
  • Haley pulled out her own tooth.
  • Drew’s 3rd tooth (top left).
  • Drew loves to be chased.
  • Adam’s 4th tooth (top right).
  • Drew’s 4th tooth (top right).
  • Haley “Please? I’m your only daughter! You would do that for me, wouldn’t you?”
  • Carter, pretending to introduce Haley to somebody: “This is my woman, Haley.”
  • Carter: “When I was tiny, I was a baby. But when I grew up really big, I turned into a dude!”
  • Haley: “I look like a genius. A little, tiny, genius.”
  • Carter: “I want to go pretzel shopping!” (when we passed Pretzelmaker at the mall).
  • Carter: “What’s your problem, Mommy?”
  • Chris: “Is your heart racing?” Haley: “My heart won!”

October

  • Drew cruises.
  • Haley: “Mom, who do you like: John McCain or Barak Obama?”
  • Adam cruises.
  • Drew claps.
  • Carter: “I’m a rock star! What’s up!”
  • Adam dances.
  • Haley: “Are you gonna write ‘Haley has some cool dance moves?’[on the calendar.]
  • Drew dances.
  • Adam claps.
  • Me: “…because we want to be together as a family forever, right?” Haley: “Yes, even more than I want Littlest Pet Shops.”
  • Adam and Drew discover the kitchen cabinets.
  • Carter has been insisting we call him “Batman” for about a week now.
  • Drew goes down the stairs (on his belly, head first).

November

  • Adam goes down the stairs.
  • Adam stands.
  • Carter: “What! It’s nighttime again!?!!”
  • Me: “Carter, do you know where we lived before we came to earth?” Carter: “Yes, with Matt and Lindsay.”
  • Me: “Carter, what do you want Santa to bring you?” Carter: “Oh … maybe some toys for the babies.”

December

  • Haley: “I think I still like Elmo. But I’m gonna keep that a secret.”
  • Adam’s traits: still laid-back, loves to have his face stroked, pulls covers over his head to go to sleep, loves to hug, better sleeper.
  • Drew’s traits: temperamental, loves to give kisses, better eater, loves to climb into things, loves to pass things (esp. cords) over his head, tummy sleeper.
  • Drew drank from a cup by himself … too bad it was bathwater.
  • Haley pulled out her own tooth again.
  • Drew stands.
  • Adam took one step.
  • Drew took three steps.
  • If I tell Drew to say “Mama,” he goes “Daa-da!”
  • Carter: “I don’t want to have my party at Jumpin’ Jacks. I want to go to China.”

No comments: