3.01.2013

Konold Kids Quotes and Milestones: 2009



January

  • Carter: “Jesus wants me for to say BEEP!”
  • Adam shakes his head “no.
  • Drew says "Mamama" when he’s sad.
  • Carter singed his eyelashes and eyebrow on his birthday candles.
  • Carter, while saying the blessing on the food: “Once upon a time … oops … Dear Heavenly Father…”
  • Haley: “I like to put my hand on my hip. It just works for me.”
  • Drew walks.
  • Drew climbs onto the table and across the couches.
  • Carter: “Why are you a mean Mommy?”

February

  • We had a rough day: Drew fell off a chair and got a goose egg on his forehead, then Adam fell all the way down the stairs.
  • Carter always calls Haley “My sister.”
  • Haley is all about getting up really early and cleaning the whole house (toys), getting dressed, turning on cartoons for the boys, getting the breakfast dishes out, etc. before anybody else gets up.
  • All three boys have croup.
  • Carter deadpanned, “That was interesting,” after he and Adam threw up simultaneously.

March

  • Carter: “This does not look like a cute little dinner.”
  • Carter: “There’s a skunk in your bum, and it sprayed me in the nose!”

April

  • Adam says “Mama.
  • Adam walks almost exclusively now.
  • Haley: “When I grow up, I want to be a teacher.  A nice one, not one that yells all day.”
  • Drew walks almost exclusively.
  • Adam and Drew got balloons at the store, so Drew has been crying all day because Adam has done nothing but steal Drew’s balloon away.
  • Drew waves.

May

  • Haley: “Is it OK if I drop this [tiny sequin] on my carpet instead of throwing it away? I want something of mine to stay here when we move.”
  • Adam says “Nana” (banana).
  • Drew says “Nah-nah” (no-no).

June

  • Carter: “I miss our old home.” Me: “What do you miss about it?” Carter: “The carpet.”
  • Haley: “I watch High School Musical, so I kind of figured out how to play basketball.”
  • Chris: “You’re giving me $1.07 for Father’s Day?” Haley: “Yup, you’re worth it.”

 July

  • Drew says his name.

September

  • Adam and Drew play “So Big.”
October

  • Last week Drew stuffed his nose with corn. So far nine kernels have been extracted or sneezed out.
  • Drew says, “Cheese!”
  • Adam and Drew need speech therapy.

November

  • Carter: “Wendy’s! Wendy’s is my favorite place to get a cheeseburger and water!”
  • Carter: “Mom, can we have a surprise party for my birthday?”
  • Adam says “ball.
  • Drew says “Where’d it go?”

December

  • Drew says “up.
  • Me: “Carter, turn it down.” Carter: “Mom, I can’t! This song is just too cool!”
  • Grandpa: “Carter, what do we do on Christmas Eve?” Carter: “We don’t open presents.”
  • Haley: “I have the hiccups. I think I got them from Avery. She had hiccups yesterday.”
  • Carter: “I’m not crying; I’m trying to keep my eyes from leaking.”

No comments: